We have been planning diligently given the current recommendations and restrictions from the BC
Health Authority and are fortunate to have the unique advantage of being on a large property that
enables the necessary social distancing that is currently the norm.
Below are some of the things we are implementing this year for the safety of our customers and employees:
- We will accept units that are not self-contained (e.g. tents) as of June 1st.
- Encouraging social distancing of 6' with people that are not in your group when in the RV park.
- Extra sanitization in all common areas including washrooms, laundromats, store and office area.
- Washrooms and laundry rooms are open.
- Each one has a maximum occupancy noted at the door. Please be respectful of others and adhere to these recommendations.
- Every second bathroom stall, sink and shower have been closed to allow for social distancing.
- Please be cognisant of others waiting to use the facilities. For example, fold your clothes at your site rather than in the laundry room.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all common areas.
- The office/store area is being rearranged to adhere to social distancing. Customers will not handle store products as they will be sold out
of a take out window at the side of the main office where the ramp is. Ice cream products will also be sold out of this window only.
- Customers will have the ability to do advanced check-in so they can go directly to their sites.
- Customers will have an extra 7 days to reserve for next year so it can be done after you return home.
- Trailer check-in will start at 4pm because of additional cleaning time necessary.
- We have purchased UV/Ozone lamps that will be used to help disinfect trailers between uses.
- Ability to do a contact free registration and checkout.
- Customers must back into sites. You may face your neighbour only if the site can accommodate this and if they are part of your group.
- Customers in sites #19 to 45 will have limited extra space on the beach side of their sites.
- Customers in sites #101 to 123 will have limited extra space on the field side of their sites.
- The volleyball net on the beach will be removed to give extra space.
- Additional areas of the campground will be available for customers to utilize.
- The swimming pool is open.
- It will be sanitized approximately every 3 hours throughout the day at 11:45am, 2:45pm, 5:45pm and at close. Everyone must exit the pool area while it is being sanitized.
- If you have a large group and would like to book the pool, we can do 1 private booking per day for 1 hour. Start time would be one of either 12pm, 3pm or 6pm.
- Remember to be respectful of others and give everyone a chance to utilize the pool area.
- Movies will be shown on the North side of the playground where there is a larger area for customers to spread out.
- All entertainment will be moved to the North side of the playground.
- Daily activities will be adjusted to encourage social distancing.
- There will be picnic tables set up distanced in the activities area.
- Only children from the same group may sit at the same table.
- Social distancing will be encouraged; please ensure your child understands how to distance properly.
- There will be hand sanitizer available in the activities area.
- We have purchased a number of games that can be signed out and used at the activities area. Each game will be sanitized between uses.
- The arcade will be closed.
- Boat rental will be open with additional sanitizing and social distancing protocols.
- Floating dock in the swimming area will not be available for use.
- Please do not walk on the beach side of waterfront sites that have little frontage.
- Ensure the number of people at your site does not interfere with a neighbour's ability to utilize their own site and be able to maintain social distance.
- The stairs between the 124-144 row and 145-164 row as well as the stairs between the 165-174 row and 175-186 row will be closed. Please use the road to go to different levels.
- Buoys that we provide to tie boats will not be on the water. The anchors are in the water and can be used.
- Playground is open and will be sanitized throughout the day.
- River channel shuttle bus will run Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm.
- We will not operate any wine tours this year.
Everything we are implementing is based on the current recommendation and things could be adjusted
if those recommendations change.
Please stay home if you are exhibiting any signs of sickness.
As a reminder there is a mandatory 14-day self quarantine for individuals when entering Canada from another country.